Why do there have to be so many marathons I want to run?? How is a girl expected to choose between them all?
I found Firenze and Nice to Cannes but I'd have to send (and pay out for) a medical certificate for them.
I found San Sebastian but the flights out there are very expensive (and are with Iberia who I really don't trust not to be striking when I want to fly)
So then I thought instead of waiting until 2014 to run Gran Canaria marathon why not run it in 2013!!
That would then mean that I wouldn't be running Valencia marathon in November.
My pros for Valencia are:-
- I can try and get a new personal best on the same course
- I still have some museums there I want to visit
- I do love the city
My pros for Gran Canaria are:-
- It will count towards my 50 marathons in 50 cities goal
- I haven't been there before
- I know someone (Pancho) running it
- It's in January which means I'll be in the warm while the rest of Denmark is freezing
- The hotels seem to be cheaper there while the flights are around the same price as Valencia
I can't run both of them as I will still be running Barcelona in March 2013 so need some money for that too :-)
I don't suppose anyone in Valencia or Gran Canaria has (or knows of) a cheap room to rent for a few days? ;-)
So the question is which do I run: Valencia Marathon or Gran Canaria Marathon??
Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated :-)