14 Oct 2010

Tårnbyløbet 2010 (10km)

I ran 10km in the Tårnbyløbet this evening in my best time of 55 minutes and 10 seconds :)
It was a 5km route and you could choose to run 5km or 10km. The first 5km was kind of crowded running on the pavements and inbetween other people.

Many people chose to only run 5km so the last 5km was much less crowded. Most of the time there was at least 20 metres between me and the person infront and behind.
I just went off into my own little world until about 400 metres before the end when I put my foot down and sprinted the last bit :)

I'm not sure why but I really love to save a little energy for the final sprint!

I had a little of the Maxim strawberry energy gel just before the race and at the 4km point. This is the best energy gel I have tried yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment